Happy Tuesday friends! A couple weeks ago when we returned home from our trip to Hilton Head, I was starting to unpack when it dawned on me that I have never shared some of my favorite finds for staying organized while traveling and on vacation. If you are someone that likes to be organized, then you know that that doesn’t change just because your location does. Luckily, these days there are so many awesome gadgets and tools to help us stay tidy while on the go. So today, I am sharing my must have travel items for staying organized.
I figured the easiest way to display some of my favorite items would be a collage, so that’s exactly what I did. Below, you will find a picture with some of my must have travel items, and some things I haven’t tried yet but have added to cart for future use. To shop the items simply click the corresponding link below the picture. There’s so many good finds here that if you aren’t organized when traveling, you certainly will be. Let’s get to it!
*Note – this post includes affiliate links which means that if you shop through them I earn a small commission. Thanks for your support!
MUST HAVE TRAVEL ITEMS
- Portable Suitcase Organizer – I don’t have this but it seems like such a great idea! Just take it out of your suitcase and hang it up.
- Razor Covers
- 4 in 1 Liquids Bottle – this is genius! In this one TSA approved bottle are 4 mini bottles. You can put shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face cream, etc. in them, then simply turn the top and push out whichever one you need.
- Flat Iron Cover – I’m always getting ready right before we pack up and leave so I hate putting a hot flat iron in my suitcase. This takes care of that.
- Extra Outlets – Hotels tend you give you one outlet at the night stand and we have phone charger, baby monitor, and a noise machine. Give us all the outlets!
- Electronic Storage – The more people in your family the more electronics you have to charge. This travel case lets you organize it all and have it together in one spot.
- Reusable Sandwich Bags – These are great for snacks but I also love them for keeping crafts or activities together. When in the car I can just hand Leyton a pouch of these with paper, crayons, etc. in it and be set. They come in multiple patterns.
- Vera Bradley Hanging Travel Organizer – I have this and love it! It has several compartments to store toiletries in and when I get to my destination I just hang it up in the bathroom and live out of it. When I go to leave I just zip up the compartments, fold it up and put it in my suitcase.
- Blingo Jewelry Travel Case – Never deal with tangled necklaces again! This is a total life saver. Put multiple necklaces in there and despite getting all tossed around they won’t tangle. I have one and it’s amazing!
- Jewelry Organizer – I don’t have this one but it’s a cute one from Amazon that is great for rings, earrings, etc.
- Travel Bottles for Liquids
- Travel Makeup Tote – I use a Caboodle which is awesome when driving but if flying or wanting something to store in a suitcase, this looks to be the next best thing for makeup organization.
- Backpack – I love me a tote but for travel I have found a backpack is truly the best way to go. I thought this one looked cute.
- Kids Travel Center – Leyton is a little too young for this but this will be perfect for when he’s older.
- Garment Folder – My MIL got me this years ago and it’s awesome! I don’t know how to compacts everything down but it does. I would get several.
- Packing Cubes – This is another thing that I don’t get how it can condense clothing down but it does. Plus there’s several cubes in one pack so you can sort it by tops in one, pants in another, and so on. I love love love these!
- Silicone Loofah – I never travel with loofahs because they never dry! This option is perfect. Dries and doesn’t harbor a ton of bacteria. Comes in multiple colors.
- Shoe Covers – I have several of these and can’t rave about them enough. Not only do they keep nice shoes from getting marked up but it keeps dirt on the bottom of shoes from transferring to your clothes.
- Pet Travel Containers – For all my pet owners out there, you know that traveling with them and their food and treats can be tricky. This seems like the perfect option. I might have to grab this and ditch all the Tupperware containers I use on the road.
Okay friends! That does it. I’m sure there are a ton of must have travel items out there, that I don’t even know of that could have been included in this list. If you know of any drop them in the comments. I wanted to share some of my favorites and hope you were able to find ways to stay organized when you travel and help keep some sanity among the, on the go, chaos.
If you liked this post don’t forget to Pin it and be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re there. Safe travels if you have summer plans and have a great week ahead!