Happy Friday friends! Today’s post is a short and sweet one to send you into the weekend, but it’s one I’ve been wanting to do for a while now. You may know how much I adore Rachel Hollis and several times on her morning live show on Instagram, or her podcasts she has talked about how she has a playlist of songs that are her go-to songs to pump her up when she’s needing a confidence boost, motivation, energy, etc. I loved the idea and decided to create a playlist of my own for this same purpose. We all have those days….days where you don’t want to workout, where you feel less than, where your confidence is lacking, where you feel like you’ll never achieve your goals, you feel like a failure, you’re moody, you’re tired, you feel like everything is going wrong, and the list goes on. Days like those are when we all could benefit from some good ole encouragement. The kind that tells us to buck up, get out of our head, get motivated, get energized, and move on.
So, today I wanted to share with you the songs that do just that for me. I have so many days where I doubt myself, where I compare myself, where I kick myself. Days where I just need that pep talk to remind me of all the good and positive things to give me perspective, and help me refocus on where I’m going and what I’m working toward. Some days podcasts do it (you can read about the ones I love here), but most days nothing gets me pumped up and excited like music. So, here are some of my go-to songs (I’m sure I’m leaving out a ton of great ones and next week I’ll hear one and say ahhhh I should have put this on the blog post!). But, here are some of the ones I can think of that boost me, and are maybe ones you want to add to your playlist (or already have) too!
My Motivational Playlist
- The Man – Aloe Blacc
- The World’s Greatest – R. Kelly
- One Moment In Time – Whitney Houston
- Anything from The Greatest Showman (my top 3 are Never Enough, A Million Dreams, and This Is Me)
- I Did Something Bad – Taylor Swift
- Love So Soft – Kelly Clarkson
- Bootylicious – Destiny’s Child
- Run the World – Beyonce
- Let It Rock – Kevin Rudolph
- Trouble – Neon Jungle
- Victim – WIN WIN
- Turn Down For What – DJ Snake & Lil Jon
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- Work B**ch – Britney Spears
- Lighters – Bad Meets Evil with Bruno Mars
- Applause – Lady Gaga
- They Don’t Care About Us – Michael Jackson
- Yellow Flicker Beat – Lorde
- Start a Fire – Unspoken
- Dizzy – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Broadway – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Anything Could Happen – Ellie Goulding
- Rise Up – Andra Day
- Bad Liar – Selena Gomez
- Good Old Days – Macklemore (feat. Kesha)
As you can see it’s definitely a random assortment of music that ranges from girly, to praise, to total get down rap. They all motivate me in different ways and for different reasons, so I like to have a variety to cover all occasions. What are some of your go to, mood or mindset changing songs? I’m always looking to add to the list.
Alright friends that does it for today. Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you back here Monday.